COLLEGE GUIDING STATEMENTS
Motto: Sapiens Qui Prospicit – Wise is the Person Who Looks Ahead
Children come first when:
1. The College cultivates the whole pupil
Pupils at the College enjoy a balanced education, which aims through an excellent academic, pastoral and co-curricular programme to develop their individual intellectual, physical, social and emotional well-being.
2. The College values community well-being and provides a safe and supportive learning environment
Pupils, parents and staff are provided with a secure, safe and supportive environment to promote personal, social and emotional well-being and growth.
3. The College shapes pupils to become global citizens who have an understanding of, and ability to adapt to, the complexities of an ever-changing world
Through developing an appreciation of the needs of local and global communities, an awareness of the world around us and celebrating cultural similarities and diversity, pupils truly become global citizens with an internationally minded outlook and a desire to provide service for others.
4. The College encourages a passion for learning through enquiry, curiosity and collaborative participation
Pupils at the College are encouraged to become self-motivated inquirers and thinkers who have a passion for learning. Pupils develop the confidence to become independent learners who know how and when to collaborate to develop their own learning and that of those around them.
5. The College respects the natural world and its resources both globally and locally
The College develops individuals who have a desire to learn about the world in which they live. Pupils should aspire to be caring individuals who are able to understand their own responsibility to, and impact on, the environment both locally and globally.
6. The College prepares pupils to live their lives honestly with a spirit of respect for themselves and others
Pupils are supported in developing deep-rooted values that give rise to principled individuals who act with honesty, integrity, respectful manners, as well as being flexible, pragmatic and open to new ideas. The College guides its pupils to be open-minded and respectful of the diversity of our community.
7. The College prepares pupils to take risks and show endurance and resilience to achieve their goals
Pupils are encouraged to persevere as they encounter unfamiliar situations and explore new ideas or opportunities and to be resilient in the face of adversity, inspiring the self-belief to become confident, well-informed risk takers.
8. The College challenges each pupil to be the best they can be and discover who they might become
The College learning environment encourages and celebrates exploration, experimentation, questioning and discovery whilst developing a sense of personal responsibility to learning. Pupils will be reflective in analysing opportunities, in facing challenges and in learning from their inevitable mistakes.
9. The College prepares each pupil to become effective and dynamic communicators within the modern world
The College promotes opportunities for all pupils to develop their English language skills and explore their abilities in other languages. Pupils are encouraged and supported to utilise technologies to expand their capability to communicate effectively.