MCE is always pleased to receive enquiries from parents without commitment on their part and encourages them to visit the College with their children in order to find out as much as possible about the College. There will be Open Days with a presentation given by the Headmaster, campus tour and Head of school meet and greets will be conducted. Families are advised to schedule a prior appointment in order to tour the school on a mutually convenient date and time. Once the family is convinced this is the right school for their children, parents are requested to submit the required documents and follow the procedures set out below, to enable us to consider their children for admission. It is important for parents and prospective applicants to understand the selection policies and constraints at MCE to ensure the transition or transfer to the College is a smooth one.
1. First step to admissions is to submit the online application through the following link: https://admission.malverncollege.edu.eg No further steps are possible until this stage is complete.
Please note that pupils are considered for admission according to their age appropriateness for the year of entry (please see the naming of Year Levels list below).
2. Application Submission will be followed by an assessment and interview that is set by the admissions office. Shortly after applying online, parents will receive a phone call or an email to arrange an appointment at the parents’ convenience to conduct the assessment.
3. On the day of the assessment, the following documents are required to be handed in:
- Copy of the pupil’s latest Academic Report Cards from the last two years.
- 2 original Birth Certificates / Copy of Foreign Birth Certificate
- 10 passport size photos
- Copy of the child’s and parents’ IDs and Passports
- Copy of vaccination records ( Pre-Nursery to Year 05)
Parents should abide by this rule as the documents are an essential part of the admissions procedure. Applications and assessments are not passed on to the Head of Stage unless all documents are submitted. And therefore no offer of a place can be made until this is done.
4. The assessments will be conducted as follows:
For entry into
- Early Years (Pre-Nursery, Nursery and Reception): Group Assessment in a classroom setting.
- Years 1, 2 and 3: Reading, Written English & Maths test.
- Years 4 and 5: Cognitive Ability Test (CAT4) online computer test. And an additional writing paper.
- Years 6–12 or 13: Cognitive Ability Test (CAT4) online computer test followed by a written comprehension and essay test.
- There is no fixed syllabi for any of these written and computer assessments. They follow a multiple choice question paper pattern. Pupils must carry a pen, pencil and an eraser with them. Calculators are not permitted.
- An evaluation will be carried out on the basis of the marks obtained in the written assessments and for the scores obtained on the computer assessments along with the past two years school reports. A member of the College Leadership Team will arrange to meet with the parents and pupils to discuss any questions and outline what we aim to offer as a College.
5. A parents meeting to be arranged with all families applying to join the College.
6. Parents will receive a formal email that includes results on the child(ren)’s assessment within 1 week, informing you whether your application has been successful. To preserve the integrity of our admissions policy, all applications will be fairly and compassionately considered on the child(ren)’s merits.
7. If your child is offered a place at the College and you wish to accept it, parents are encouraged to pay the one-time non-refundable registration fee within one week of receiving the admissions Enrolment Offer Letter. Failure to do so will render the seat being cancelled and offered to the candidate next on the waiting list.
8. Re-assessments are by invitation only and decisions on re-assessment are based on the levels attained at the initial assessment. If your child is offered a re-assessment, your child will be asked to appear for the retest after a minimum of one month from the initial test. This will be offered free of cost. If your child is not offered a re-assessment, you may apply the next academic year.
9. On being granted admission parents are handed the welcome pack and are required to submit the following:
- Application pack that includes the colleges terms and conditions.
- Pupil’ Pick up form
- Pupil/s Bus Form.