All students at Malvern College Egypt must wear the school uniform. This is different for warm and cold weather, and students must adhere to seasonal requirements. Our students are our ambassadors, and their dress and behaviour convey an impression to the public of what we are like as a school. Teachers are required to enforce the dress code at all times and to encourage students to take pride in their appearance.
Uniform must be worn daily to attend classes. School uniform must be worn correctly at all times on buses, in school and when on a school trip (unless special permission has been given). This includes shirts tucked in and top buttons done up. There are different uniform rules for Secondary students.
- Once PE lessons are finished the student must change into their uniform for the remainder of the day.
- Students may wear a plain white undershirt beneath their uniform top, however it may only be visible at the neck line.
- Students may wear a watch and girls may wear one silver or gold stud in the earlobe of each ear. Boys are not permitted to wear earrings or studs. No other jewellery may be worn unless this is for religious purposes.
- Hair must always be clean and tidy, worn off the face and styled so as not to invite comment for any reason. All students with hair longer than shoulder length are required to have it tied. Hair may be coloured if of a natural colour, discreet and appropriate to a school environment. Boys must be clean shaven.
- Make-up is not permitted. This includes nail varnish.
- Black polished shoes are a uniform requirement. Girls may wear ankle boots in winter. Training type shoes, high heel, wedges, open toed sandals, sling backs or any type of fashion shoe are not permitted.
- Skirts must be at or below knee length