JOB DESCRIPTION FOR DIRECTOR OF ACADEMIC IT
In addition to the usual expectations of a Malvern College Egypt teacher, this role carries extra responsibilities as outlined below and has a whole College role.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
- Leading the development of The College’s ICT strategy to provide an integrated learning network.
- Developing the action plan / road map for integration of services.
- Ensuring that IT systems are fit for purpose and meet day to day learning needs
- Championing SIMS – The College’s Management Information System
- Contributing to the strategic plans of Malvern College Egypt.
- Coordinating, developing and extending the BYOD scheme.
- Leading technology integration in the classroom.
- Contribute to the creation of an overarching integrated ICT Vision and Strategic Development Plan, ensuring alignment with our College Guiding Statements
- Ensure that related policies are updated where necessary and added to when required
- Ensure that staff development needs are identified and appropriate training is identified
- To work towards integrated service provision at all levels
- To audit system and processes and provide recommendations on improving, replacing or removing services
- To plan and oversee digital infrastructure projects and renewals
- Work closely with the IT Manager to ensure software and hardware are appropriately deployed
- Create an annual budget proposal for capital and recurring ICT costs in order to support planned teaching and learning, administration needs and the ICT strategic plan
- Work with academic staff to make best use of SIMs and collaborate with other Colleges
- Champion the BYOD scheme, assess its effectiveness and plan for extending
- Demonstrate excellent skills in implementing technology in the classroom
- Act as a mentor, guide and demonstrator for technology integration into classroom learning
- To oversee ICT projects as directed by the Headmaster and the College Leadership Team